Here are some reasons why you should be proud to be a muslim
1. Muslims are Khaira Ummatin, the best of people as stated in the Quran verse 110 of Surah Ali Imran which means : “You are the best of the nations raised up for (the benefit of) men; you enjoin what is right and forbid the wrong and believe in Allah; and if the followers of the Book had believed it would have been better for them; of them (some) are believers and most of them are transgressors.”
2. Also in Surah Ali Imran verse 139, which means: “And be not infirm, and be not grieving, and you shall have the upper hand if you are believers.”
3. HG Wells in his book, A Short History of the World, 1922 described: Islam, this faith he imposed upon the Arabs, much power and inspiration. One is its uncompromising monotheism; its simple enthusiastic faith in the rule and fatherhood of God and its freedom from theological complications.
Another is its complete detachment from the sacrificial priest and the temple. It is an entirely prophetic religion, proof against any possibility of relapse towards blood sacrifices. In the Koran the limited and ceremonial nature of the pilgrimage to Mecca is stated beyond the possibility of dispute, and every precaution was taken by Muhammad to prevent the deification of himself after his death.
And a third element of strength lay in the insistence of Islam upon the perfect brotherhood and equality before God of all believers, whatever their colour, origin or status.
These are the things that made Islam a power in human affairs.
4. Once upon a time when Europe faces their Dark Ages, Muslims were building cities from India to Spain. The streets were lit and cobbled. Muslims bathed in perfume oils and made clothes out of silk and luxurious fabrics.
5. “As a religion the Mohammedan religion, it must be confessed, is more suited to Africa than is the Christian religion; indeed, I would even say that it is suited to the world as a whole.” From The Sphere, by Lancelot Lawton (London, 1928)